Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Easy Sesame Noodles

I love Asian food of almost every stripe. (I guess I'm least sold on Japanese cuisine, but I've also had the least exposure.) I'm not 100% sure which country can claim these amazingly easy noodles, but I don't care. They're fantastic.
(Again, I take no credit for this recipe. It comes from my favorite food blooger, Ree Drummond at Pioneer Woman Cooks.)
  • 12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained These can be any kind of noodles you've got. Angel hair, spaghetti, rice noodles, etc.
  • ¼ cups Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar I think this is too much, I use 1 tbsp.
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced I just press them for quickness
  • 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
  • 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil YOU MUST OWN THIS. Best kitchen item ever.
  • ½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil or sriacha etc
  • 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil or vegetable oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Hot Water add last to help dissolve everything together
  • 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin optional garnish
Preparation Instructions
Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions or roasted sesame seeds and toss.
Serve in a bowl with chopsticks. (Yes, mike you can use a fork!)
Yummy!

This makes a great side dish, or veggie dish, or lunch, fresh or packed. YUM.  I just made these for my lunch today and it was so yummy.  The whole thing takes as long as it takes to cook the noodles, plus maybe 30 seconds to toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment